Thursday, January 22, 2009

Beautiful day

Today has been a beautiful day! I am PAST ready for spring...just not a winter sort of girl. Honestly I would rather sweat that shiver and since I am a southern girl we don't sweat we glisten. At least that is what a GRITS ( Girls Raised in the South) book says. Neways I have taken the opportunity to get outside with Emma. We went to Mimi's and played on the swing set they got her before Christmas. We had a great time and even had a picnic outside. Emma is now napping and Ryan and I are going to attempt our longest run yet 10 Miles when he gets off work. Yikes.....I am trying to mentally prepare for it and with this gorgeous weather it is fairly easy. I will let you know how it goes.


So last weekend we went with the guys on a duck hunting trip. No...we did not hunt. The boys did but there were no ducks in site so needless to say it was a duckless weekend. We did have a great time in the Lodge we stayed at. When we first drove up I was a little afraid. It was a tin shack in the middle of farm land, but turns out the inside was very nice. All the walls were cedar lined and it had twelve bunk beds. Huge living area with pool table. Big Kitchen and a pool table. It was nice to get away and just hang out. Plus we had the lodge to ourselves.


Here are some pictures of the trip.











1 comment:

Becky said...

It's about the togetherness anyway,..not the ducks! Glad yall had a good time.