Friday, August 8, 2008

Exuma


Well I have uploaded a small sampling of all the photos taken on this trip. Ryan, Emma and I traveled with his mom to Exuma, Bahamas where his Dad Works and lives to meet up with a few friends from St. Louis and Chicago. We made lots of memories and had a blast catching up with friends we don't get to see that often.


Emma had fun getting spoiled by her Nana and Pops and loved on by lots of people. She was definatly the center of attention all week. She loved Pops neighbor Doug and his giant but gentle rottweiler Shadow.




Emma is an early riser and if you have had a two year old you know when they get up....You don't have a choice you get up. We are the only one with a child in our group so they quickly learned your mornings are early and loud with Emma. They were all so sweet to her though even when they were sleep deprived and she was waking them up with her water gun, and some help from Shannon. She played parachute with Andrew and Shawn till their arms wore out. They even attempted to lift me in the blanket with her.














Lots of good meals, swimming, and snorkling occurred. My new years resolution this past year was to be braver in the ocean. I have a fear of big fish, sharks and Barracuda. On most trips there I do not snorkel. I have done it before but have a huge fear of Barracuda. I do not want Emma to see me afraid and become fearful herself so I was determined to be braver.

I however was not the only chicken in our group which made me feel like I was braver than I originally had thought. I snorkeled three times. The first time I saw a barracuda right off the bat and I was out of the water pretty quick. The second time I was drawn in by the promise I could find some cool seashells. I did find some beautiful shells and saw a lion fish ( These fish are not native to the bahamas and are a danger to the reef) they are beautiful however and it was Ryan and my's first time to see them in the wild.














The second time I also snorkled even though there was a small barracuda in the water near us. I climbed on top of Ryans back till I could get out but none the less snorkled. The third time I snorkled in the open bay and the most beautiful fish were there. Lots of angetl fish and parrot fish and Thankfully NO BARRACUDA :)!
Ryan and I also fed and touched three wild stingrays...pretty cool huh?!? One of them was about 4 ft wide.








We had a blast all in all. An amazing trip with lots of memories we will never forget!











































































































This picture is of Megan and Emma. She became interested in poeple making faces and even learned a few of her own.




















































2 comments:

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Wow...it looks like you guys had a lot of fun...it has been over 10 years since I have been to the Bahamas...boy time flys.