Monday, September 6, 2010

Bedtime rituals

Emma hates bedtime!
Ryan and I take turns putting her to bed. On ryans turn they say the prayers read two books and he tells her a story and checks for means. My turn we say prayers read three books and check for means. We check no less than 10 places apparently means can hide. One of these is a crack behind a picture. We then go to the computer room till she falls asleep. I am writing this as I am waiting on her to go to sleep. She then tucks in with a thousand stuffed animals, but only the special ones get under the covers....scruffy, marie the cat, Bolt, Sprinkles the dog, Snowball the cat, Rapunzel, and Cowie.
If it were up to her she would always be in our room...
We are those parents.
You know the parents you say you are never going to be...The ones who let their kids sleep in bed with them.
She always starts in her bed but somehow in the middle of the night she sneeks into our room.
Sometimes I wake up and take her back to her room. Sometimes I never hear her. Sometimes her little sleepy self is too cute and snuggly and I snuggle her into the safety of our bed.

She will only be little once!
For now I love out Bedtime rituals....even if it involves her ending up in our bed.

No comments: